How to rent a yacht for a day charter in Cannes or Antibes?
Looking to rent a boat for one day in Cannes or Antibes? Need a yacht for rental with crew?
Here are the general steps you can follow:
Research yacht rental companies
Look for reputable yacht rental companies in your desired location. You can search online or ask for recommendations from friends or local tourism offices.
- How long has the company operated in the charter business?
- Does the company specialise in yacht charter?
- Do they have the type of boat/yacht you are looking for?
Contact the chosen yacht rental company
Once you have a list of potential companies, reach out to them via phone, email, or their website. Inquire about their availability, pricing, and any specific requirements they may have. Also tailor your itinerary to your need and preferences.
- Do they speak English or your preferred language?
- Do they answer your email and answer your questions?
- Always ask for a fuel quotation (motor yacht only) for the agreed trip?*
- Know exactly what’s included and not included?**
*: diesel at euros 2.3 per litre in the south of France in 2023. Average fuel consumption for a 40ft day boat: 110/140 litres per hour at cruising speed.Always ask for a fuel quote (motor yachts only) for the agreed voyage.
**: Port Canto in Cannes and Port Gallice in Juan les Pins: boarding fee based on the length of the boat. In Monaco a passenger fee may apply.
Provide the rental company with the necessary details, such as:
- the date you want to rent the yacht,
- the number of people in your group,
- and any specific preferences or additional services you might need (e.g., extra crew, catering, restaurant boking, transfer, water sports equipment…).
Choose the right yacht, Review the rental agreement
Once you’ve found a suitable yacht and have agreed on the terms and price, confirm the booking by providing any required documentation and making the necessary payment.
Carefully review the rental agreement or contract provided by the rental company. Pay attention to any terms and conditions, cancellation policies, and liability clauses.
- Read the cancellation policy and the refund policy
- What happens if it rains or if there’s a strong wind?
- What happens if the boat/yacht has a mechanical failure?
- Did you check our Best Value day charter?
- Did you check our dedicated day charter website?
Enjoy your day charter
On the agreed-upon day, arrive at the designated location and time to meet the yacht and its crew.
Make sure to bring any necessary personal items, such as sunscreen, towels (if not provided), and appropriate clothing.
Relax and enjoy your day on the yacht, taking in the beautiful views of the French Riviera and activities available.
Charter broker advice
- The larger the yacht, the lower the chance of a single day booking in high season.
- ALWAYS ask for a fuel quote beforehand (motor yacht)