Large Event Boat Rental on the French Riviera
What should you look for if you want to hire a boat for a large event?
If you want to rent a vessel for a large event with more than 12 guests, there are several things you should consider. Here are some key factors to keep in mind:
Understanding the regulation
Regardless of the length of the vessel, the maximum number of passengers is 12. In general, the number of guests allowed on board a charter yacht/vessel depends on the yacht’s licence to carry passengers for yacht charters. As soon as a vessel carries more than 12 passengers, even if it is used as a private yacht, it is considered a passenger ship and must comply with the SOLAS (Safety of Life at Sea) Convention set by the IMO (International Maritime Organisation).
Size and capacity
Make sure the boat you choose can accommodate the number of guests you expect. Depending on your event (cocktail cruise, product launch, announcement or large family event), consider the space available for seating, standing and socialising, as well as any specific amenities you may require (such as a bar, dance floor and, in particular, catering facilities).
Do you expect a formal catering service or a more casual stand-up buffet?
Cruise location and itinerary
To reduce the risk of seasickness, we recommend that you choose a quiet cruise location and do not opt for a long trip.
Crew and staffing
Make sure the vessel has an experienced and qualified crew, and all the extra necessary staff for service. Consider the level of service you require (formal, more casual and discreet), such as catering, bar service, or event planning, and ensure that the vessel can provide the necessary staff and resources.
- What crew/guest ratio do you need?
- What language does the crew speak?
Research different vessels and compare their prices, availability and facilities as well as cancellation policy. Take into account any additional costs, such as repositioning fee (up to 40k€ on large tall ship), fuel for the agreed trip, docking fees and various local taxes (boarding, passengers, pilot etc.) or staff (tips), and factor these into your overall budget.
Make sure you know exactly what is included and not included.
- Tall ship: 100k€ /day + repo. fee and expenses
- Large sailing catamaran for 25+ guests: 15k€/day + expenses (food, alcohol…)
- Power catamaran: contact us
Quick check List
- Can the boat officially host a large event?
Insurance, safety equipment, crew qualification, flag regulation…
- Which charter agreement will be used?
- Do you know what the cancellation policy is?
- What happens if it’s raining?
- What happens if there is a strong wind?
- Do you have a Plan B?
- Do you need any special equipment (e.g. microphone, large screen for company presentation or product launch)?
Large event boat rental: what we offer.
- Sailing catamaran rental for up to 25 guests
- Sailing catamaran rental for up to 140 guests
- Power catamaran rental for up to 200 guests
We do not offer 100ft motor yachts for large groups due to the new regulations (ie no more Maltese or Madeira flagged yacht for 32/36 guests).
Overall, choosing the right vessel for a large event requires careful planning, research, and attention to detail. Be sure to communicate your needs and expectations clearly with your charter broker, and ask any questions you may have before making a final decision.